Monday 4 February 2013

DAD~Happy Birthday~~

My dad is one of those people who will always be there for you--no matter what. There are times albeit I'm downright nasty to that man because I'm angry and he didn't take my side. But not a day goes by that I don't think I'm lucky to have him.

Since I was young, my dad has been one that's been around. I never heard of dads going elsewhere or working too much when I was young because I was spoiled. My dad works a tremendous amount BUT, he ALWAYS had time for us.



My dad is the jokiest type. If you haven't a bad joke impressed upon your email accounts, then you'll hear it from him for sure! That's not to say all of his jokes are "bad", moreover, ALL of them are not for little ears! LOL He is the light of the party, or he's at least the most outgoing. He is friendly to everyone and will put himself aside to be there for anyone.

There's something that I admire to no end about my dad--he speaks his mind. You may not like what he's going to say, but he'll always, ALWAYS be honest about his intent and mindset on any matter. This is most admirable because SO many people can't tell the truth or they walk on eggshells around people. My dad doesn't do that. Though he does this, he definitely will never purposely hurt someone. He has a very gentle heart!

He was the one who taught me that every single person--as unique as they may come--is to be given respect. Afterall, we are all human! He is the type that will take a homeless man into a restaurant and pay for his meal; even sit down with him and converse about what he can. He taught me that though people have their ups and downs, everyone is made in God's image. He has never been pushy about his faith, but he is a man that has much of it. He has always put my mother and us first, but has never left God's path. From working with children, to being the chair of the leadership board at our church (not to mention laying bricks both figuratively and literally for the foundation of this place) he has never left a task unfinished. He has been an active member in his church and community for over 21 years--that is my entire lifetime.

For 21 years, he has put up with my ever-changing attitudes and I can honestly say, that is LOVE. He is the father of four children biologically, but do not mistake, he has been a positive mentor for more kids than just us. He has been an active member in our church and community since I can remember, and though often without thanks, wouldn't change it in the slightest. He loves to help out when he can. In fact, I do recall one night when he drove my ass home after a teeny disagreement with my mom (though it was late and he was so tired) because I felt it was best. Now, most dads would probably say no, but mine did that for ME. He, on countless occasions, has driven great lengths for me. Not just car rides either.

So tomorrow, as he gets up for work and does the tasks that he does every day for his family, I want him to know how much he means to us...to me. It's his birthday tomorrow, and though it's only another day in the calendar year, it's a day that gave this world, my mom, my brothers and myself the VERY BEST leader/neighbor/friend/husband/father/and man we could ask for. I love you, Dad! Have a wonderful birthday! You're 47!

No comments:

Post a Comment